Traditional Chinese Painting - Line Drawing
What is Bamiao (Line drawing) and what will you learn?
Xianmiao (line drawing), also known as Bamiao, is one of the most important techniques in traditional Chinese painting. Xianmiao values to maintain the beauty of line itself while presenting the space and structure of the object. In this 8-week course, the aim is to acquire the basic skills to show an object by just lines instead of shadows and clolours. Secondly, to build the ability of organising state-changing objects. Last but not the least, hoping we could enjoy drawing and getting a sense of Chinese painting from here.
Part of the tutor's work
Ms He Wenqian， started to do Xianmiao/Baimiao which is a type of Chinese traditional painting when she was 7. She was studied with the one of the most famous artist in Xianmiao in China, who is the art researcher of Chonqing Academy of Educational Sciences, the Chair of Chongqing Artists Association. She has won several prizes in drawing regionally and nationally. She has also had training on western drawing and oainting in both China and the US. She has done collages and color experiments in 2D-design.
* 1. Early-bird price of £180, registering 2 weeks prior to the start of each term.
2. Faculty members from University of Oxford and all students hold a valid student card enjoys a further concession rate.
3. £15/hour for step-in without registration, but requires booking in advance for the space. Please email admin@cbac-arts .org for booking your space.
4. No previous experience or knowledge is required.
5. All materials and instruments will be provided during the course.
6. All courses listed are subject to availability.
7. The regulation term for registration might vary in each term. CBAC reserves the final rights for acceptance of the applications.