After the course, students will feel more confidently to talk in Chinese (Mandarin) and further communicate in social life.
What will I learn:
In term 1, we will cover topics including trip planning; describe holiday; dining etiquette; food from different countries; discuss abut health, etc. For grammatical structures, we learn to link a verb and an adverb; how to make comparisons; negative sentences; how to indicate procedures.
In term 2, we will cover topic including talk about experience of education and student life; employment; job application; write a letter; sports; cultural traditions, etc. For grammatical structures, we will introduce how to use the continuous particle; the words ‘le’ at the end of sentence; shortened forms; passive voice; conditional sentence, etc.
In terms 3, we will cover topic including social reform; transport; wedding and marriage life. For grammatical structures, we will learn complex structures; complex patterns; passive voice, etc.
Teaching and Assessment Method:
The course will emphasize on speaking as well as grammar in context. We will practice lots of topics in authentic situations.
Extra homework and exercises will be required after class.
You need previously have done approximate 60 hours Mandarin Course. Therefore, you will be expected to be able to carry out conversation in basic situation and some knowledge of grammatical structure.
Ms Tingting Wang(BA in Journalism, MA in communication, MSc in IPP). She has being awarded the IPA International Certification for Chinese Language Teacher, PRC, First Class User of Mandarin, and has gained massive teaching experience as a Chinese language tutor for nearly 8 years in China, Belgium, and UK.
* 1. Early-bird price of £150, registering 2 weeks prior to the start of each term.
2. Faculty members from University of Oxford and all students hold a valid student card enjoys a further concession rate.
3. £13/hour for step-in without registration, but requires booking in advance for the space. Please email admin@cbac-arts .org for booking your space.
4. No previous experience or knowledge is required.
5. All materials and instruments will be provided during the course.
6. All courses listed are subject to availability.
7. The regulation term for registration might vary in each term. CBAC reserves the final rights for acceptance of the applications.